We are writing to assure you that the Club is closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19. Given how rapidly things are changing – travel advisories, quarantines, and new event cancellations happening every day – we expect some of you have questions or concerns about the remainder of the Winter Maintenance season, and possibly even about our summer swim season.
Your Executive has assessed the situation and has decided on the below course of action.
- The remainder of Winter Maintenance practices(March 31 through April 30) are CANCELLED until further notice.
- The new swimmer assessmentcurrently scheduled for April 5 will be RESCHEDULED to April 19. This change will accommodate any swimmers who need to self-isolate / quarantine for 2 weeks following the Spring Break period.
- At this time, we do not plan any changes to our summer swim season. BCSSA is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation, as are the member clubs in our (Vancouver & District) Region. We are in close, ongoing communication with both BCSSA and V&D, and we will follow any guidance they provide. We will continue to re-evaluate the situation on a regular basis and keep you well updated if anything changes.
For your convenience, here is the most recent announcement from BCSSA regarding COVID-19, posted on March 12: http://www.bcsummerswimming.com/clubs/6594/announcements/2170135-Covid-19-Update-regarding-Coaches-Conference
We understand that this is a time of stress and uncertainty for many of you. We want to reassure you that we care deeply about the health and safety of our Vikings family, and that we are working hard to make decisions with everyone’s best interests in mind.
If you have any questions, please contact any member of the Executive found on our contact page here.