Here is this week’s update. Topics include minor changes to pool protocols and WM registration for our next session.
1. Changes to Pool Protocol – Masks and Social Distancing
Two changes to our on-site protocols as a result of the December 2, 2020 Provincial Health Order:
- Swimmers and coaches must now wear a mask at all times and in all areas inside all pool facilities EXCEPT while in the water. We ask that swimmers bring a clear plastic bag to practice, labelled with their name, to place their mask in before entering the water (rather than leaving them exposed on deck, on bleachers or in the baskets during practice).
- Swimmers and coaches must now maintain a physical distance of three (3) metres (a change from the previous two (2) metres).
We have updated the RTSPs for Hillcrest and Lord Byng pools to reflect these changes. We will be updating the SGS RTSP shortly. The most current version of all plans can be found on our website here: https://vancouvervikings.ca/return-to-sport-plans/
2. Winter Maintenance 2021 Registration
Registration for WM 2021 (Jan to April) will take place after Christmas. Similar to the process for our fall (Sept – Dec 2020) session, registration will occur on a first come, first served basis and be limited to swimmers who registered with the Vikings for the 2020 summer season and/or Sept – Dec 2020 session. We will create a waitlist for those who are unable to register. Other things to note regarding registration:
- If your child did not swim during the Sept – Dec 2020 WM session, you must complete the online waiver found here on our website BEFORE you register: https://vancouvervikings.ca/registration-information/
- Registration will occur using Active.com, through our website here: https://vancouvervikings.ca/registration-information/
- Registration will be done based on which training group your child is in.
- If your child did not swim during the Sept – Dec 2020 WM session, you must sign the Parent Participation Agreement which includes a commitment to fulfill mandatory volunteering assignments at practices. This agreement will be part of the Active.com registration process.
Information on group lists, schedules / practice days assigned to specific groups and anticipated registration dates will be shared before Christmas so please keep an eye out for that.