- This event has passed.
Winter Maintenance Starts (Fall Session)
September 15, 2017
We will update the website with full Winter Maintenance details as they are available, but here are some highlights.
The Vikings will be moving to a new online registration system through Active.com.
- August 7 (tentative): Regular registration opens for returning swimmers; registration opens for new swimmer assessments.
- August 26: $50 per swimmer late fee applies for returning swimmers wishing to register.
- September 15: Practices start
- September 16: Registration for returning swimmers CLOSED.
- September 17: New swimmer assessment at Lord Byng Pool.
- September 17 – 30 : Registration period for new swimmers accepted following September 17 assessment.
- December 14: Practices end
The practice schedule will be substantially the same as last year, with one new addition (Weds nights at UBC):
- Tues and Thurs 6:30 – 7:30 am at Hillcrest
- Weds 7 – 8 pm (1 lane) and 8 – 9 pm (3 lanes) at UBC
- Friday 6:30 – 8:30 pm at St. George’s
- Sunday 3 – 4 pm at West Point Grey Academy (younger / most junior swimmers)
- Sunday 5-7 pm at Lord Byng (St. George’s in December ONLY)
At registration, we will ask you to choose your two preferred practice days during each week. This will help us plan the swim groups and determine which groups will swim during what time slots. We will do our best to accommodate your preferences, but can’t guarantee that you will get both of your top 2 choices.
Final swim groups and practice times will be finalized by early September.