- This event has passed.
Vikings 2019 “Blue and White” Meet
May 12 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
The Vikings Annual Blue and White Meet is our first social event of the summer swimming season. ALL Vikings (swimmers, parents, executive, coaches) are invited (and strongly encouraged to attend)!
- When: Sunday May 12, 2019 from 8 – 11 am
- Where: St. George’s Senior School (pool, Maclean Hall and Room 115).
The event offers something for everyone: fun, friendly competition, new parent swim meet training (e.g. who all those people in white shirts are, standing on the deck; how to time a swim race), an opportunity to meet your executive and group coaches and to make connections with other families and, of course, yummy treats! All swimmers will be getting in the pool, so please make sure to bring your suit, goggles and a towel.
The schedule for the morning is as follows:
- 8 am: Parents drop off potluck food items
- 8 – 10 am: Swimmers are in the pool
- 8:15ish – 9:30 / 10 am: NEW parents attend Timing Clinic in Room 115; all other parents socialize, check out clothing in Maclean Hall, or watch swimmers
- 10 – 11 am: Feast and meet your coaches in Maclean Hall!
Full details below…
Timing Training for New Parents
While our athletes are swimming, our NEW parents will be learning all about how to time a swim race. The session will be led by our current Director of Officials, Jim Ellithorpe. Please email him here if you have any questions.
After our athletes are finished in the pool, we will all meet for a potluck brunch in Maclean Hall. We ask that all Vikings families bring a food or drink item to share. If you have more than one swimmer in the family, please bring food for each swimmer’s group. The Club will provide coffee!
We have assigned food / drink based on your childrens’ swim groups, as follows:
- MV3: Muffins, cookies or squares – up to 1 dozen per family
- MV2: Croissants (cut) or bagels (cut) – up to 1 dozen per family
- MV1: Individual sized yogurts – up to 1 dozen per family
- JR: Water (1L or 2L bottles)
- INT 2: Butter, cream cheese and/or jam OR cookies, muffins or squares (up to 1 dozen per family)
- INT 1: Deli / cheese platter (to feed 6) or Peeled boiled eggs (up to 1 dozen per family)
- SR2: Fruit plate to feed 6
- SR1: Fruit plate to feed 6
Please click this link to sign up for your potluck item: https://volunteersignup.org/3A474
- Bring your own reusable utensils, plates, cups and coffee mugs as we will NOT be providing these.
- Bring items ready to serve on labeled platters or compost-able or recyclable plates.
- DO NOT BRING disposable plates, cups, or cutlery.
Volunteers Needed – Brunch
Here’s the first of many opportunities to get some volunteer hours in at a VIK social event. We need 12 parents to help with set up, monitoring buffet and clean up.
If you can help out, please contact our Social Coordinator by clicking here.
Please click this link to sign up to volunteer: https://volunteersignup.org/3A474
Meet Your Coaches
After the meet, Group Coaches will meet with their swimmers and parents to share their coaching philosophy, season plan and more. It will also be an opportunity for you to ask questions!
Team Aquatic on Site
Team Aquatic Supplies will once again be at this year’s Blue & White Meet, in Maclean Hall. TAS will also have swim goggles, fins, pull buoys, snorkels, and other equipment for sale, so if your kid has grown over the winter or simply needs some extra or new gear, this will be the perfect opportunity to get everything you need for the season! Payment for these items must be made to TAS directly; TAS will accept payment by credit cards for these items.
Our VIK Clothing Committee (Sarah, Suzanne and Mina) will also be at the B&W in Maclean Hall with sample VIK apparel to check out and try on for size. Please visit our Clothing page here to find out everything you need to know about purchasing VIK clothing and gear for 2019, including payment process and order deadlines!
- May 12
8:00 am - 11:00 am
- Event Category: