- This event has passed.
Vikings Burger and Beer / Trivia Night Fundraiser
June 5, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Vikings, we are very excited to announce a NEW PARENT SOCIAL event (for adults only) that has the benefit of acting as a FUNDRAISER for the club!
On Wednesday June 5, we will be holding our first Vikings Vikings Burger and Beer / Trivia Night Fundraiser at the Cheese Inn on Dunbar:
- When: Wednesday June 5, 2019, 6:00 pm (trivia starts at approximately 7:00 pm and goes until 9:00 pm)
- Where: Cheese Inn, 4585 Dunbar St, Vancouver
- What: Food, drink, trivia, and an opportunity to socialize with your VIK parent friends and meet new ones!
- Who: Adults only (Coaches included), due to limited seating capacity at the Cheese
- Cost: $25 total for a burger, beer and fundraising donation to the club ($15 for the burger and beer, $10 to the club!) (If you wish to buy additional food or drink, this will be charged directly to you personally at the pub / time of purchase.)
Payment must be made online through Active by logging into your specific family portal.
Information about how to log in to this portal is found in the email you received from Active confirming your registration. Please email Wendy at email@example.com if you have trouble figuring out how to log in. See end of this note for full details on how to buy tix.
This will be a fantastic opportunity early (but not TOO early) in the season to connect with your Vikings parent friends and have fun WITH NO POOL IN SIGHT!
A few other things to note about this fundraiser:
- Your payment of $25 is NON-REFUNDABLE. If you purchase a ticket and are unable to attend, the $25 fee will go straight to the club’s fundraising account.
- The deadline for ticket purchases is May 27, 2019!
- We are requiring advance ticket purchases AND limiting it to adults only for this event because the seating of the Cheese Inn is 75 with some standing room in the bar area. The Cheese will be open to the public and only half of the Cheese will be reserved for Viking Members. This can be to the benefit of the club as members of the public may opt to participate in the fundraiser (and if they do, $10 of their purchase price will go straight to the VIKs!).
- If you can’t attend but would like to buy a “support ticket”, you may do so online. Please just send an email to Michelle Rooney (our amazing pub event organizer) by clicking here to let her know you’ve done so.
- The Vikings Burger includes a burger, bun, lettuce tomato and house made sauce and one side (fries, soup or house salad). The beer is a draft 16 oz lager or pale ale no exceptions or upgrades. No exceptions or upgrades are permitted for either the burger or beer.
- When you arrive, Michelle Rooney will greet you at the door and give you a name tag. Make sure to tell your server you are with the Vikings Swim Club!
- The Cheese understands the need for people to mingle but when ordering, please make sure you are sitting in a seat for the ease of the server.
Any questions? Email Michelle at by clicking here.
Online Ticket Purchase Process
- Step 1 : Log into Swim Portal / Select View Programs (see screenshot below)
- Step 2: Locate Vancouver Vikings Summer 2019 program and select ADD-ON PRODUCT (see screenshot below)
- Step 3: Click on checkbox next to “Pub Night Fundraising Ticket”, enter the desired # of tickets (max 4 per family), then checkout & pay