Applications are now being accepted for the Head Coach and Group Coach positions for the Vancouver Vikings Swim Club for Summer 2018.
The Vancouver Vikings Swim Club is a non-profit, competitive summer swim club with approx 150 swimmers. The Vikings compete in the Vancouver and District region within the BCSSA and has consistently produced Provincial medalists and record holders since its inception in 1981.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about swimming/coaching and want to share in the success of their swimmers.
- Planning, organizing and executing a summer swimming training program for the team/group, including dryland
- Setting detailed, individualized goals for swimmers with monitoring of progression
- Commitment to all practices and swim meets for the full summer season, May 1st to August 20th 2018
- Organization and participation in team bonding activities
- Developing and executing a communication plan that supports swimmers, parents and the overall operations of the club
- Certification to a minimum of Level 1 NCCP or equivalent (Vancouver Vikings will support you as you attain NCCP certification)
- Previous experience working as a swim coach in a competitive environment and experience as a competitive swimmer
- Strong leadership skills, and excellent organizational and communication skills
- A current criminal background check must be provided prior to commencing
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: December 15th, 2017